Really excited to share this fun banner with you – this was another first for me! I’ve used some old paper from last year (Simple Stories – Freezin Season), I fell in love with this late in the season and had to grab some to use this year. I’m so glad I did and actually wish I’d grabbed the chipboard also, lol. I also used my new alpha dies and some cardstock from The Stamp Market and I love them just as much as I thought I would. Here’s how I put everything together:
Here are some close-ups for you:
I loved the mix of pinks in this collection and thought adding in some red with that pompom trim would be fun. I was working with just the 12×12 paper and sticker pack so to keep things interesting I popped up some of the stickers with foam dots and that way it gave the look of chipboard even though I didn’t actually have any.
Don’t be afraid to cut your stickers apart – this is something that I often forget (and sometimes get nervous doing – I mean…you can’t put it back once it’s cut!) but I try to remind myself that the stickers/epehemera/whatever are really just a jumping-off point and we should make them work for the project and not the other way around.
I really didn’t know exactly where to start with the project, so as you saw/will see in the video I started right here in the middle. Once I had the first envelope done, the others came together really easily. It also started off my theme of adding a little fake snow to each scene which I think really helped to complete them. You know how I love dimension and texture 😉
This is my favorite out of all of them. I really love the pattern of that embossing folder, it reminds me of a knit sweater and when I added that R over top of the BRRRRRR I just though oh this one is done!
Last but not least, I finished up with more pompom trim so that bookends the banner (I could kick myself for not adding it along the right side instead of the bottom but at this point it is what it is). I managed to get a different “character” on each of the envelopes too which I was happy about.
It was a bit difficult to get a photo of them all together but this can at least give you an idea of how it will look and I pull it across the screen at the end of the video so that gives you a little view as well.
As always thanks for stopping by – hope you enjoyed the project for today! xoxo, Sarah